[vox-tech] possible rooted system / checking md5sum on debian

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 11:40:13 -0700

Quoting dugan@passwall.com (dugan@passwall.com):

> I don't know of a system to check for MD5 sums of all Debian packages and
> verify. There have been discussions about how to have cert signing of
> packages, but who would be a central authority to sign packages?

I do my best to cover this (complex) matter here:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/debian-package-signing

But the people who know all the details are on the debian-security
mailing list (where I mostly just lurk).

--
Cheers,     Microsoft Corporation Gandhi-o-meter, revision 2001-05-03 beta01.
Rick Moen  "They ignore you." "They laugh at you." "They fight you." "You win."