[vox-tech] What's in RedHat 8.0

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:43:05 -0700

> let him enjoy linux first.  it's not as if redhat makes things brain
> dead.

I figured out init scripts, network setup, and X11 configuration by
playing with Slackware.  If I'd had to learn that on Red Hat, I'd still
be confused.

> linux is like the stock market.  having a company like redhat go out of
> business would cast a shadow on this whole "open source" thing.

Tulips.

Which one?  http://www.opensource.org/advocacy/case_for_business.php

> it would just be very bad in general.

Well, for their employees, anyway.  But when you stop counting tulips,
it's all about code and licensing.

--
Cheers,     "There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a
Rick Moen   little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider