[vox-tech] What's in RedHat 8.0

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:37:58 -0700

On Friday 04 October 2002 12:14 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> linux is like the stock market.  having a company like redhat go out of
> business would cast a shadow on this whole "open source" thing.
>
> it would certainly go a long way to discredit the open source business
> model.

Well the essence of my point is, there's no such thing.

Red Hat may have a business model, but Open Source per se=20
does not.  Indeed, if a business model could have satisfied
the need, Linux and many other Free Software projects would=20
probably not exist.

But I'm repeating myself.  I guess that means the thread is
over.   :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/