[vox-tech] help with script

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:36:57 -0700 (PDT)

handin doesn't decrypt or decode anything.  It lets you "hand in" your
work.  You could just e-mail all your files to your TA, but it's easy to
fake time stamps with e-mails.  `handin` will time stamp all files with
the LAN time, and it also lets the students overwrite old files with new
ones so they can incrementally update their files, and it will
automatically lock out the hand-in process once the deadline is reached.
Among other things, that is.

-Mark ^_^'