[vox-tech] Sound Problem

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:35:11 -0800

Hi Bob,

You might try going into the KDE Control Center, select=20
Sound and Sound Server, and turning off the sound server.
Or if it's off, turn it on.  Frankly the artsd server is=20
kind of a mystery to me, very poorly documented.

It could also be that some lock file in /tmp was left when=20
Konqueror crashed, so deleting stuff there might fix it.

-- Rod

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 10:58 am, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> I just installed RealPlayer8 and it's screwed up the sound in my system=
=2E=20
> The one thing I can still do is play the CD player okay and listen to
> music. However, there is now now sound when I start or leave KDE.  Also
> RealPlayer did not do it's startup sound.  I have deleted RealPlayer.  =
This