[vox-tech] How to make an OEM style "system recovery disk"

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:14:01 -0800

Quoting margolid@gaia.ecs.csus.edu (margolid@gaia.ecs.csus.edu):

> I realize this discussion is a few days old, but I had something to
> add.
>
> Norton Ghost is pretty darn cool and supports ext2 filesystems.  It
> will allow you to build a mulit-cdr(w) image of a complete filesystem.
> So you can have you exact system tweaked with all the setting,
> applications, etc. written in compressed format across several disks.
> Then you can restore with Norton's floppy or your first CD (if your
> system supports boot from CDROM).

You might want to compare it against mkCDrec.  All open source:
http://mkcdrec.ota.be/

--
Cheers,              A good man has few enemies; a ruthless man has none.
Rick Moen