[vox-tech] VNC Screen Geometry Settings

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 10:13:28 -0700

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 12:41:00PM -0400, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:

> - What operating system is on both ends?

Server:		Red Hat 7.2
Client:		Windows 98SE

> > Is there a way in tightvnc to "scale down" the output display so
> > that I can see my 1600 x 1200 display shrunk down to 1280 by 1024
> > without truncating the display at all?
>
> - Have you tried panning the display by bumping the mouse against the
>   edge in the direction of "truncation"?

I have, and it does work, and the scrollbars are there.  But, as I mentioned to Bill, I suffer from chronic laziness.  I'd much rather have the full display on one screen than have to pan around or scroll around.

But hey, at least it works!  Life is good.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com