[vox-tech] Newbie needs help w/ redhat install

Marc Hasbrouck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 13:10:09 -0700 (PDT)

For what its worth. The hardware you listed should
work (I have a ppro based box myself). If I read it
right you only have 32MB? Up it to 64MB or more if you
can. 32MB works, but things are slow. When I had
signal 11 on an install it was video card related. Do
a text based install. I would also go with a Redhat
7.2 install at least. (I can make a copy if you need
one.) If you want to run X and Gnome or KDE, what
video card you have is important. So, good luck from a
fellow antique user.

Marc

<snip>