[vox-tech] writing free getopt, ran into a dilemma...

nbs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:10:14 -0800

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 09:13:19AM -0800, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> The one I tried to link statically on Windows one time said it was GPL,
> but according to Micah it's apparently LGPL with misdocumentation. :P
>
> The reason I'm writing my own getopt is because I want static linkage.
> Anyway, some options I'm thinking about:

I don't have the LGPL in front of me, but I believe it says something
to the affect of:

  * if you statically-link, you must also provide a version of the binary
    that will dynamically-link, if the user wishes to do so

-bill!