[vox-tech] Before I do this...

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:09:16 -0800

Please forgive a network newbie.

I would like to set up one of the computers in my house as a webserver
on port 8080.  I already know how to configure Apache on the computer,
and the firewall on our router... But I also know that opening this
computer to port 8080 will expose it to security risks and that I should
take precautions on the computer in addition to the router.

So...  What precautions should I take on the computer that will be
hosting the website?

For what it's worth, the computer in question is running RH7.2, and
Apache 1.3.22.

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford