[vox-tech] RH 7.2 configuration

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:49:52 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joey Karalius wrote:

> The sticking point is when I try to run make xconfig, config, or
> menuconfig (I get the 'no target' error).  Also, the directory
> 'usr/src/linux' doesn't exist, I know it's supposed to be in the redhat
> directory, but I can't 'make' anything in there either.
>
> I thought that maybe some packages were not installed so I rpm'd a bunch
>   of stuff from the install disks, and even ran a whole 'nother update
> run last night to see if something was missing.
>
> Any ideas why I can't run this stuff?  I'm sending this e-mail from my
> Windows system so I haven't pasted any text from the shell to help in
> diagnosis.

You need the kernel sources package and the kernel headers package.

> Also, an un-related question:
>   How do I mount a MAC-formatted ZIP disk?

I've never tried it, but you might try mounting it as hpfs:

   mount -t hpfs /dev/sda4 /mnt/zip
   (assuming those are the correct device and mount point.)

Whether that works or not, Macs can mount PC formatted Zip disks.  Simply
change the partition type and reformat it.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/