[vox-tech] ip_masq-quake.o

vox-tech@lists.lugod.org vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:19:45 +0000

> doug,
>
> what exactly do you mean by "related" ip traffic?
>
> pete

Sorry for the delay... busy weekend. Looks like you got
your answer already, which is good, because I had my
refrences mixed.

I forgot that the masq modules need to be used with the
iptables code as well...

What I was referring to was from the packet-filtering-
HOWTO:
--snip--
ESTABLISHED
A packet which belongs to an existing connection (i.e.,
a reply packet, or outgoing packet on a connection which
has seen replies).

RELATED
A packet which is related to, but not part of, an
existing connection, such as an ICMP error, or (with the
FTP module inserted), a packet establishing an ftp data
connection.
--snip--