[vox-tech] How is lugod.org put together?

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 17:57:16 -0800

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:19:35PM -0800, nbs wrote:
[...]
> > Is the mailing list major domo?  What do you use to archive and search =
the
> > mailing list?  Anything I'm missing

The old mailing lists (on calnet) were majordomo. New new lists are mailman,
which is a big improvement.

> I believe the lists are running Mailman.  The search engine
> is Mnogo.  These were set up by Pete Salzman and
> Henry House.

The search engine is currently Mnogo. I used to use ht://dig, but found Mno=
go
much easier to configure and administer. Highly recommended.

I chose to not use the built-in mail archiving of Mailman and instead use a
separate system, consisting of some procmail recipes, mhonarc, and a shell
script to glue them together (which actually works very well and is not
crufty at all).

Procmailrc file and mhonarc setup files are available on request.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=
gp>