[vox-tech] Pointer Trouble with Touchpad

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:45:46 -0700

rusty,

someone (mike simons?  mike egan?) gave explicit instructions on how to
set up a mouse on linux.  you may want to go back to the archives to
check it out.

a rough overview is:

   gpm reads /dev/psaux
   gpm repeats on /dev/gpmdata
   X reads /dev/gpmdata (not /dev/psaux)

again, the issue is two processes reading the mouse device file will
interfere with each other.

this setup is not always necessary.  but what you just described is a
classic symptom of this.   check out the archives.

pete

begin Rusty Minden <clownsinc@attbi.com>

--
Isn't it funny that our president is ok with having every inbred yahoo
armed to the teeth but is against arming our pilots with even a stun gun?