[vox-tech] robots and mindstorm

Matthew Holland vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:47:53 -0700

Pete,

No firsthand experience, but I can tell you that your assumption is
correct.  There is a language called Not Quite C by a guy named Dave
Baum <http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/>.  This guy has published a
couple of books on Mindstorms, though I don't know if they're any good.
I also have a book that you may have heard of -- Robot Builder's
Bonanza, 2. ed, Gordon McComb -- which has a couple of of chapters on
Mindstorms, including a cursory treatment of NQC.  The book is pretty
hokey in places, but it has some useful info.  You'd be welcome to take
a look at it if you'd like.

Matt