[vox-tech] fwd: [lugod lert] Unstable Linux Machine

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:30:57 -0700

This problem doesn't sound Linux-specific (it's unstable=20
with Windows too, right?).

Sounds like a bad motherboard, RAM or CPU.  Here's the
standard drill:

If you're overclocking, don't.  Try UNDERclocking.  Make
sure your jumper and BIOS settings are all conservative
and correct.  If you have multiple memory modules, try it=20
with first just one and then another.  Make sure there's=20
heatsink compound between the CPU and the heatsink.  Try a=20
different CPU.

If none of the above helps, it's probably the motherboard.

-- Rod

http://www.sunsetsystems.com/