[vox-tech] setting up 2 ethernet cards

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:25:14 -0700

On Friday 21 June 2002 12:11 am, Paul Barnhart wrote:
> I'm setting up a new "always on" box (DSL router/firewall, webserver,
> mailserver, fileserver, X10 controller, weather station monitor, etc)
> and I want to use 2 identical pci ethernet cards. My problem is, how ca=
> I _guarantee_ which card will be eth0 and which will be eth1.

The usual sugguestion is for your firewall to be just a firewall and as=20
little else as posible, but it's up to you, just be careful/

> Any suggestions?

Plug them in, and figure out which is which. They will be the same on=20
subsequent boots.

--=20
The package said "requires Microsoft Windows 95 or better" - I don't
understand why it doesn't work on my pocket calculator!