[vox-tech] preventing display of typed text?

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Ryan wrote:

> I have a perl script that I need to have take in a password, does anyone know
> what escape sequences are used to start and stop this behavior?

Approaching it from that direction would depend on the terminal your users
were using... a sad outcome, indeed.

See man perlfaq8 /password

> Any way to make this bit of code cross platform?

I don't think so... but if Term::ReadKey has been implemented for
certain platforms then you might be okay for those.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing