[vox-tech] What's needed for 3D support?

Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:25:17 -0700

the linux gamers' howto might be helpful.   :-)

in startx 2>X.err make sure the DRI is enabled.  it probably isn't.
try to find a line beginning with (WW) or (EE) that gives a clue why it
isn't being started.

also, if the games work ok under root, make sure you have a DRI section
in your X config file like:

Section "DRI"
   Mode 0666
EndSection

this allows non-root users to use DRI.

if DRI is enabled, use strace to make sure the proper libraries (like
libGL.so) are being loaded.

let me know if any of this helps.

pete

begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>