[vox-tech] request for hardware info

Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:42:58 -0700

i'm currently looking at flex-ATX motherboards so we can build a new
lugod demo machine that we can port around very easily.

actually, i'm looking for flex-ATX or smaller (if smaller exists.  i'm
not very knowledgable about non normal ATX stuff).

requirement: at least a PCI slot (will be used for a video card), mobo
supporting fairly fast PIV, PIII or AMD XP.  onboard sound, ethernet,
IDE,  serial, parallel, standard DIMM slot.

nice: AGP slot, riser for 2 or more PCI slots, more than 1 DIMM slot

looking for a case with a handle that we can carry the computer with.
case must handle a floppy, bay for 3.5 hard drive and a cdrom/dvd drive.

prolly other things we're looking for, but i'm just in the process of
taking the data down.  will sort through it shortly.

i'm devoting the next few hours to look.  if anyone knows of anything
which might fit the bill, can you email me?  i'm making a comparison
table which mike simons and i can make a decision on.

pete