Well, it helps if you plug it in... Was:Re: [vox-tech] Need help with sound

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:38:03 -0700

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 08:08 pm, Ryan wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 June 2002 08:02 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > hmmm...
> >
> > hard to imagine anything with the word "intel" would be unsupported f=
or
> > very long.
> >
> > ryan, if i had to bet money, i'd say your chipset is supported.   hav=
> > you tried alsa?  i personally prefer to use OSS (since that's what i
> > know), but i've seen mark kim crack a few tough nuts with alsa.
>
> How would I use alsa instead of OSS?
>
> In the meantime, the borrowed sound card will do, I need sound to work =
on
> this thing so I can watch TV on it.

Of course, the speakers simply weren't plugged in.

I feel pretty stupid.........

--=20
Win98 error 007: Fatal error: unforseeable condition: Your system has boo=
ted
without crashing. Shutting down to compensate.