[vox-tech] Question about listing loaded modules by process...

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:08:31 -0700 (PDT)

In cases where there is possibility of a root via a rootkit and an LKM
with evil payload, there is a tool "chkrootkit" that tries to find LKMs
based on diffs in reported processes and real processes - but it can
produce false positives in cases where processes appear and disappear
between the times differences in listed processes are gathered from actual
processes. It is not 100% in wat it tries to do, but makes some rather
good attempts and is much better tyan nothing when trying to track
something like this down.

http://www.chkrootkit.org/  and
http://www.chkrootkit.org/README

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking though...

could it be you just wanted lsmod? perhaps lsof?

Sorry, would need feedback to offer better answer. :-(

-ME