[vox-tech] ssh tunneling

Matt Roper vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 20:04:36 -0700

I tried to do something similar about a year ago, but never found a way
to make a secure connection directly to the mail server.  What I
ultimately wound up doing was telling UC Davis to autoforward all of my
email to my ISP's account since my ISP *does* allow me to log in to the
mail server.  I got a lot of good information from the people on this
list back when I was trying to set this up, so you might want to look at
the discussion in the archive at
http://lugod.org/mailinglists/archives/vox-tech/2001-10/msg00103.html.

Matt