[vox-tech] xlib/gdk questions

nbs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:49:51 -0700

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:44:29PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> ok -- i know there's a gdk function that returns the "best approximate
> color" to some given color you want.  there must be a corresponding xlib
> function.  there must be a function that tells you how "close" your
> Color is to the requested Color.

There's probably a Color -> R/G/B conversion to give you back what
it allocated.

> hey -- anyone who can connect to the X server, put a window up and draw
> a color smiley face on a window is a haX0r in my book.  ;-)

Hehe..  It's been so long.  Any of that hax0ring is all recycled code
these days.

But hey... learning Xlib helped me get a grip on SDL very easily
(SDL to Xlib is kinda like PHP to SSI), so I suppose I did learn
SOMETHING.

(Of course, my SDL code is all recycled cut-n-paste, too :^) )

-bill!