[vox-tech] bootable partition question

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:22:10 -0700

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 09:35:00PM -0700, Ted Deppner wrote:
> Nothing Beats a Boot Disk (tm)
>=20
> followed closely by:
>=20
> Nothing Beats a Linux Bootable Business Card=20

Ok, let us look at the above logically...
If we assume "Nothing beats a boot disk" is true, then
"Nothing Beats a Linux Bootable Business Card" must be false if it is
"followed closely".

Perhaps if they were both equal with each other, they could both be true,
but not with the clarification "followed closely by".

We could still make the above true if we choose to redefine "nothing" to
be an object. There exists and object called "nothing" that beats both
"Linux Bootable Business Cards" and "Linux a boot disk".

This is such a difficult problem to resolve, I think it should be taken to
the Internet Oracle... (DUM-DAH DUMMMMMMM!) <--- musical score to signify
a serious issue. ;-)

(Question posted to Internet Oracle as follows:)
---
Your question:

Oh great Internet Oracle of the "Interweb" and "Information super
collider" whose power of understanding, is greater than that of the
quantum computers of the Gingat System, and the stellar photonic cyber
systems of the Kan'gamesh, a great and mysterious question has come to us
mere mortals for which we have no answer.

In our Linux User Group Mailing List, a member writes:

"'Nothing Beats a Boot Disk (tm)'
 followed closely by:
 'Nothing Beats a Linux Bootable Business Card'"

Logically, how can both of these statements be true with the middle
qualification? We have struggled for many generations to try to solve this
riddle - a riddle which the great and powerful Internet Oracle could
answer with a fempto second or perhaps less time if we had a reliable
system to measure such times accurately.

We fear a religious holy war may result between our different factions
unless we can come to resolution on such a difficult problem as this!

Thanks for your time,
A Humble Follower
---

--tjCHc7DPkfUGtrlw