[vox-tech] sticking sans serif font in latex

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:18:02 -0700

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 06:00:59PM -0700, nbs wrote:
[...]
> Anyway - On one page, a coworker (you know who you are :^) )
> used a "\sffamily{}" tag around some text.  This caused (and I believe
> this was his intention) the page to have a Sans Serif font.
>=20
> Unfortunately, when other pages are appended to the LaTeX to form
> a multi-page (multi-document) PDF, the font on all of the SUBSEQUENT PAGES
> are ALSO Sans Serif - which they aren't if printed separately or simply
> printed BEFORE the Sans Serif page.

This problem is occurs because \sffamily is not a container, it is a
zero-argument command. Replace "\sffamily{<sans serif text>} <normal text>"
with "{\sffamily <sans serif text>} <normal text>" and all will be well. The
scope of \sffamily ends at the closing brace.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=
gp>