[vox-tech] Debian Woody Officially Released

Cam Ellison vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 18:51:30 -0700

Same thing happened to me.  I have testing pinned at 800, and unstable
at 500, and have been running dist-upgrade on a cron job daily.  I had
also put the unofficial KDE3 sources in my sources.list.  These had
not downloaded previously, but I got them all, too.  A number of
packages were removed, 800-odd updated, and 200-odd new.  Big surprise
this morning when I checked my email...
  =20
Cam

* Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org) wrote:
> begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>=20
> > Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org):
> >=20
> > > there is something wrong with your system.   what have you DONE to yo=
ur
> > > poor system?  :)
> >=20
> > I personally had little choice but to take his word for it, since even
> > the machines I'm most cautious about (like uncle-enzo.linuxmafia.com, m=
y=20
> > main server) went from stable to testing, ages ago.  However, it did
> > seem mighty strange.
> >=20
> > > if you had 200 packages upgraded last night, something is definitely
> > > wrong.
> >=20
> > I was thinking that maybe it was a system that got installed using=20
> > an old Debian 2.2/potato CD and hadn't been resynced in a long time
> > before the session he described.  Difficult to say.
> =20
> i'd have to agree, but he indicated that woody has had just a very few
> updates in the past couple of months, which is about right.  bug fixes
> for ssh and stuff associated with the zlib double free bug and the like.
>=20
> very strange.
>=20
> bill, if you can tell me the name (and new version) of any package that
> got updated last night, maybe we can figure out what happened.  rick's
> idea seems plausible, but 200 packages... you must have last updated the
> system a looong time ago!
>=20
> pete
>=20
--=20
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
=46rom Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast
cam@ellisonet.ca
camellison@dccnet.com
cam@fleuryassociates.com