[vox-tech] ODE solvers in C

Matt Holland vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:18:18 -0700

I must admit I know very little about numerical methods, but I have
written little Euler method solvers on occasion (albeit in more
forgiving languages than C).  However, my advisor tells me that I'll
need to use a method that's good for stiff ODEs.  This doesn't mean much
to me as my ODE training is woefully inadequate, but he said I should
use the Gear method.  I was just wondering what the C programmers out
there use, since I was having trouble finding stuff.  Leave it to Pete
to write his own solvers... I don't know that I'll go down that road.

Thanks to Shawn for the suggestions.  I'll look into linking Fortran
code and I'll take a look at NIST.

Thanks,
Matt