[vox-tech] CDRW Buffer Memory

Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:59:46 -0700

rusty, i never used xcdroast, but IIRC, it's simply a frontend for
cdwrite and mkisofs.  if cdwrite can't do something, then xcdroast can't
do it either.

i like cdrecord because it has a lower thumbprint than the gui based
xcdroast.  not being an X program and not using the gtk+ widget set,
cdrecord is MUCH less of a drain on your system resources.  if you're
having trouble with coaster-burning, maybe you should give a command
line tool a try?

in addition, i would be surprised if double clicking your xcdroast icon
and doing your stuff with it is faster than typing:

mksofs -r blah/ > blah.iso
cdrecord -v -data dev=0,5,0 speed=12 blah.iso

i'm sure i can do that stuff faster than using xcdroast.  i'm guessing
that just typing all that stuff is even faster than clicking the icon
and waiting for xcdroast to come up.  :)

just a thought.

pete

begin Rusty Minden <clownsinc@attbi.com>