[vox-tech] Virtual Private Networking Suguestions.

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:54:50 -0800

Thier firewall likes to transparnetly proxy most protocals.

for example....

$ telnet ticalc.org 25
Trying 195.67.128.26...
Connected to ticalc.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 firewall.djusd.k12.ca.us Generic SMTP handler

and

$ telnet step.mother.com
Trying 207.215.64.108...
Connected to step.mother.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

Raptor Firewall Secure Gateway.
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 step.mother.com
step login:

I suspect this behavior could screw ssh up.

On Thursday, January 17 2002 04:41 pm, Ken Bloom wrote:
> [...]
SH