[vox-tech] RE: vox-tech digest, Vol 1 #69 - 13 msgs

Eric C Moloy vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:38:34 -0800

I have replied to messages #2, providing the requested, as well as
additional, information.  Thanks!!

Regards - ECM

   2. Re: (no subject) (ME)

Message: 1
From: "Eric C Moloy" <ecmoloy@ucdavis.edu>
To: <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:21:04 -0800
Subject: [vox-tech] (no subject)

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C19B63.9ACF9ED0

Hello.  I am getting started with Red Hat 7.1 for the first time, and I am
having trouble connecting to the web.  The eth0 device fails to inititalize
at startup.  The following settings appear for the eth0 device:

IP address -> entered correctly
netmask -> 255.255.255.0
network -> 169.237.204.0
broadcast -> 169.237.204.255

after startup, I activate the eth0 device and try to connect.  I get an
unknown hosts error message.  The error message suggests that I may have to
set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point tot he appropriate name
server.

Any suggestions?  Thanks very much.

Regards - ECM

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C19B63.9ACF9ED0