[vox-tech] Yargh! Printer not playing nice!

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:17:11 -0800

this is a very tough one.  you're not going to see much in
/var/log/messages because all linux does is pass the job to a remote
daemon.  unless the daemon doesn't accept the job, there's really not
much that linux can report.  :(

does windows keep logs?  is there anything you can glean info from on
the windows side?

also, does the problem happen for both text and non-text files?

is it possible for you to put the printer on the linux box and share it
from there?  you may have better success since linux prolly keeps better
logs.

i went over to www.samba.org.  they have a search engine (which is down
right now -- they're rebuilding the search database.  maybe in a few
minutes it'll be back up?)

if we can't figure out what's going on here, perhaps those guys can give
you some advice.

pete

begin Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>