[vox-tech] minicom help

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:24:22 -0800

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

I have two machines connected by serial crossover cable. I can write data to
/dev/ttyS0 on the one machine (headless server) and receive on the other
(terminal) using 'cat /dev/ttyS0' but I can't get minicom to work. Symptom:
nothing at all appears on the receiver! As far as I can tell I did have the
correct comm settings. If anyone has done this and would be willing to
enlighten me, I would be very grateful.

In case you did not guess already, I plan to redirect grub to the serial po=
rt
and run a getty on the headless server.

--=20
Henry House