[vox-tech] ssh remote commands

nbs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:24:34 -0800

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:19:43AM -0800, nbs wrote:
<snip>

> Looking at these issues, and the fact that one will need to be scp'ing
> files back and forth to the host with the Rio connected to it ANYWAY,
> I'm thinking ssh or ssh/sudo isn't going to be what I need.
>

> I guess I should look into riofs and see if I can do some sort of weird
> double remote mounting.  Or somehting. :)

Bah!  That won't work, either. :^(

  http://www.cs.stedwards.edu/~hazel/rio/

states:

  "... at the moment, riofs is read-only ..."

:^(

Any other suggestions?  (Henry's "lpr" idea was interesting, but I don't
think it'll handle deleting stuff.)

-bill!
glad that USB and CF/SD cards are becoming more the norm, and bizarre
printer port access to extremely proprietary flash file systems which
break your SmartMedia to the point where you need to find a Windows box
to run some odd reformatter so that you can continue to use the card
in your digital camera... <gasp> are becoming less the norm ;)