[vox-tech] Troubleshooting Samba

Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:11:07 -0800

richard,

along with the samba distribution, there's a document called (something
like) 'samba printing troubles'.   that would be a good bet.   there was
something in there that comes to mind, and i think it would help you out
alot.

the basic gist is this:

you trick samba into saving the file to disk rather than spooling the
file to lpr.  that way, you can see precisely what gets sent to the
spool.   this will tell you immediately whether data is being lost or
not because you can see exactly what linux is receiving from the windows
machine.

pete

begin Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com>