[vox-tech] x-windows problem?

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:44:12 -0800

On Wednesday 06 February 2002 10:21, kaiharris@ucdavis.edu wrote:
> well, i do think it had something to do with not enough HD space.  I
> erased some files and was then able to boot back into x-windows.
> however, the file permissions on many of my config (and other) files
> had changed.  most every file in my home directory that is owned by
> process 501 changed permissions so that the group couldn't read or
> write to the files......weird.  anybody know what might be going on?

Not without some details.  Do you mean process 501, or user 501?  What
exactly was changed, and how do you know that it was?  Also you should
make sure you understand why the filesystem filled up... if someone might
have hacked in, drastic measures may be called for.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/