[vox-tech] Redundant DSL Question

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:09:49 -0800

Hehe.  Good point, but there are many things that can go=20
wrong besides the conduit.  I do have two phone lines, and
this morning's trouble was definitely with just one (the DSL
line, which had no dial tone as well as no DSL).

Indeed, service failure might not be mechanical at all, but
human error in managing the account (either on the part of
Pac Bell or the ISP).

Actually I can also get cable modem service (AT&T) here,=20
but it's pretty useless because they do not allow servers.

Cheers,

-- Rod