[vox-tech] Problem with xmms playing CDs

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:09:40 -0800 (PST)

One thing to check is to make sure you have the xmms-cdread package
installed. Now, as far as I know, you shouldn't be able to mount an audio
cdrom, but if you are able to (perhaps some cool package is installed or a
kernel patch?), unmount the device. Go into XMMS, access the menu, select
"Play Location" and put in /dev/cdrom (or the drive name of your cdrom
device, e.g. /dev/hdc).