[vox-tech] SUDO problem...

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:36:53 -0800 (PST)

I've got an interesting one:

I had to reload one of my debian systems this weekend. I installed the
"sudo" package, and added my user (via visudo, of course). Now, when I
issue the command "sudo <cmd>", it no longer asks me for a password--it
authenticates me without asking. Now my other debian system still asks for
a password and "remembers" me for a couple of minutes before asking again.
I've compared my sudo files from both my gateway machine (the one I
just reloaded) and my other debian box and they are the same:

doug: ALL=(ALL) ALL

Any suggestions as to where to look to fix this? This kinda worries me.

PS: I'm running "testing" on my gateway and "unstable" on the other box.

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net

GPG Public key : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.gpg