[vox-tech] rdate servers and apt-get for redhat

Nicole the Wonder Nerd vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:30:29 -0800

Up spake Henry House on Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 10:09:43AM -0800:
> clock not skipping large blocks of time. Syntax is 'ntpdate <server>'. I
> recomment the server 'time.five-ten-sg.com', which I determined to be the
> closest (using netselect) from a list of likely cantidates on the public NTP
> server list in the NTP FAQ.

UC Davis also has several.  I don't know what the rules are re: affiliation
and whatnot, but if you feel like trying:
ntp.ucdavis.edu
time.cs.ucdavis.edu
ntp.ece.ucdavis.edu

--nicole twn

***
"There's three new roses growing in the lane.  It's been a long, hard winter,
but now there's rain..."--Dan Bern
Visit www.nicolopolis.com ... digital nonsense for a weary world.