[vox-tech] spam assassin configuration

Samuel Merritt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:24:50 -0800

--nHwqXXcoX0o6fKCv

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:01:13PM -0800, Harry S wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 10:30:28AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > can i configure spam assassin to do this?
>=20
> Dunno. I'm this^H close to installing spam assassin. Only thing holding
> me back is the potential that it might not work well with procmail for
> some reason. Do you know if one can still use procmail with it?
>=20
> If so, it would be easy to create a few simple procmail recipes to do
> what you want with and/or statements, or using points.

Spamassassin works very well with procmail. After my mailing list
recipes in ~/.procmailrc, I have the following:=20

# Run things past SpamAssassin
:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamassassin --local

# Anything it catches, throw in the junk bin
:0
junk

The --local is just because I don't like waiting for DNS queries to
traverse the Internet for every message, and enables more tests if it is
removed.=20

--=20
Samuel Merritt
OpenPGP key is at http://meat.andcheese.org/~spam/spam_at_andcheese_dot_org=