[vox-tech] Anyone have experience with Windows XP & Linux on a Laptop?

Steven Peck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:46:01 -0800

[...]
=20
> eight Sony Vaio PCG-R505 models on the web site, but none=20
> that I found available for sale.) I guess it's still caveat=20
> emptor and hope that the salesperson I ask questions about=20
> systems knows what they are talking about (winmodems, IRQ=20
> conflicts, graphics cards, PCMCIA).

I would strongly advise that you avoid Sony Vaio laptops.  They are =
amoung
the most proprietary laptops in existance and even getting a different
versions of Windows, then the one it came with, to work on them can =
prove
incredibly difficult.  A friend discovered the hardway after his =
comapnies 9
month old laptops proved so propritary that he couldn't upgrade them.

-sp