[vox-tech] KDE? Or something more insidious....?

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:20:39 -0800

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 08:48:39AM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
> Check if you're running out of memory (free), disk space
> (df) or if something is hogging the CPU (top).

I was going to suggest checking 'df', too.

Melissa's system once acted quite wonky (couldn't log in from XDM).
It ended up being that / was full because lpd or someone kept
complaining into /var/log/messages every 5 minutes.

Her tiny (at the time) hard disk filled up, and since so many things
expect to be able to dump things in /tmp, they all started dying strangely.

We killed the lpd and eventually stuck another 10GB drive in, and it's been
fine since. ;)

-bill!