[vox-tech] Red Hat apache problem (was: [lugod lert] Help, please)

Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:32:57 -0800

addenda:

1.
the rooms we wanted to use were *empty* most of the time.  there were a
number of them, and they were hardly used.  i think the council just
needed a little push to give us our request.

2.
this is about the time richard lowenberg of DCN started talking with
LUGOD.  he actually came to the council meeting with us.  although we
hadn't really done anything with DCN at that time (we have since had a
very good and productive relationship with DCN) he came with us and sat
in our corner.  he even consoled us when we got turned down.  richard
and DCN has been a very good friend to LUGOD.

3.
this is also the time that joel baumert and zworld came to our rescue
with the meeting space at zworld.

i can't say enough good things about joel; to even try would be doomed
to failure.  but i will say this: joel and you (rod) are the two people
who have made some of the biggest differences to LUGOD.

when things got really bad and seemed hopeless, i was ready to give up
and declare LUGOD dead.  rod came through with LUGOD's mailing list and
web hosting.  joel came through with a meeting place when our membership
swelled to 50 and more.

in my heart, i wish there were more we could do for joel, zworld, rod
and sunset systems.  it's safe to say that LUGOD would be a shadow of
what it is right now without these people.

now if i can only find someone to donate a projector...   ;-)

pete

begin Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>