[vox-tech] Red Hat apache problem (was: [lugod lert] Help, please)

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:38:57 -0800

On Thursday 05 December 2002 09:25 am, Henry House wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:56:39PM -0800, Janet Meizel wrote:
> > Hi-
> >
> > I 've upgraded from Redhat 6.5 to 8.0 server at Davis High School and
> > included Apache in the install.  Everything is set up to go, but when=
> > try to access the web page (I assume it is index.html), from another
> > computer, the message is that of denial.

As in access denied?  Apache by default listens on all
interfaces, so I'm betting this is a firewall issue.

In your KDE or Gnome menu, try selecting System Settings,
then Security Level, and then enable the checkbox for HTTP.

> Vox-techers: please CC this fellow in replies, since he is likely not
> subscribed to the list.

I believe this fellow is a woman.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/