[vox-tech] Help with removal of a stubborn debian package

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:06:09 -0700

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 03:13:24PM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
[...]
> dpkg: error processing kdm (--remove):
>  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 128
>  kdm
> Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
> packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
> or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
> above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
> Press enter to continue.

You can edit the offending script if you like; pre- and post-removal scripts
are found in /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.{prerm,postrm}. They are just bash scripts
usually.

If the offending script belongs to an officla Debian package, I suggest
filing a bug report. This may be easily done using the "bug" utility in the
"bug" package.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=