[vox-tech] Need X Windows performance monitoring help

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:50:29 -0700

Dunno what's out there for performance monitoring... but=20
it's likely nontrivial, as a Java VM can be a very tricky=20
beast.

What I'd suggest is making the desktop machine as much like
the embedded system as possible (available memory, CPU
type and speed, VM, drivers, etc.) -- and then you can=20
change things (one at a time, the "scientific method") to=20
see what makes a difference.

Good luck.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/