[vox-tech] charset messiness and mutt (was: a vim question (and german))

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:16:25 -0700

--fwqqG+mf3f7vyBCB

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 02:15:00PM -0700, Micah Cowan wrote:
[...]
> None of those characters are showing up, here - Mutt didn't set the
> encoding, so ASCII is being assumed in VM... just FYI...

How disturbing. Looks like mutt encoded my message as UTF-8, which your
system presumably cannot display. (My locale is en_US.UTF-8.) It should not
do that, since I did not use any Unicode chars in my message that are not
part of Latin-1. I shall investigate this further and possibly file a bug
against mutt.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=