[vox-tech] kernel headers

Troy Arnold vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:15:42 -0700

This is something which i feel i should already know by now but...

This may also be distro-specific as almost all my experience is on RedHat or
a derivitive.

In <http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0007.3/0587.html>
Linus says that /usr/include/linux,asm should *not* point to the headers
for your running kernel, rather they should point to the headers that glibc
was linked with.

However, there's been more than one thing that has failed to build unless
I symlink /usr/include/linux and asm to my kernel source tree.

What do you smart folks do with your kernel headers/glibc?
How is this setup in a Debian install?

-troy (promises to play with debian soon...)