[vox-tech] system administration with doom

Fri, 2 Aug 2002 02:24:55 -0700

i dunno if this has been posted here before, but here it goes:

   http://www.cs.unm.edu/~dlchao/flake/doom/

my two favorite paragraphs from this page:

   A few of the problems of using Doom as a tool for system
   administration:

      * Certain processes are vital to the computer's operation and
        should not be killed. For example, after I took the screenshot
        of myself being attacked by csh, csh was shot by friendly fire
        from behind, possibly by tcsh or xv, and my session was abruptly
        terminated.

and:

   This work was funded by the National Science Foundation through a BIO
   Research Training Group in Ecological Complexity (NSF 9553623).

pete

--
Please don't put my email address in your Outlook addressbook.